There may be land in your community that the Westmoreland Land Trust would be interested in preserving. The land trust looks for such things as:
- land that offers a scenic vista,
- tracts that help to create a larger greenway corridor through the county,
- areas that are ecologically sensitive,
- places that are historically significant, and
- land that has other benefits for our community.
If you know of any properties that you would like the Westmoreland Land Trust to consider, you can submit them to the trust by downloading, completing and returning our Property Recommendation Form (PDF).
Note: To obtain deed information for your property suggestion, access the Westmoreland County Tax Maps.
The land trust’s volunteer board evaluates the benefits of each parcel according to established criteria, and it can acquire properties through easements, donations, and outright purchases.