The Westmoreland Land Trust is an independent organization, directed by a board of local citizens. The trust is not responsible for any local zoning decisions.
Normal appointments are for three-year terms. Current board members of the land trust are as follow; short biographies of board members may be read here.
- Fred Bononi, Hempfield Township, Certified Public Accountant (retired)
- Tammy Colt, Bolivar, Regional Wildlife Diversity Biologist, Pennsylvania Game Commission
- William Danchuk, New Florence, Retired Environmental Attorney
- Chuck Duritsa, Hempfield Township, Retired Regional Director, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, and Environmental Consultant
- Alyson Fearon, Monroeville, Allegheny Land Trust
- R. Ted Harhai, Monessen, former Pennsylvania State Representative,
- Karen Jurkovic, Greensburg, Communications Consultant specializing in conservation
- Brian Lawrence, Greensburg, Assistant Deputy Director, Westmoreland County Planning Department
- John Lohr, Norvelt, Retired County Executive Director, USDA Farm Service Agency
- Andrew L. Mack, New Florence, Penn State University (Altoona)
- William Mihalco, Harrison City, Retired Environmental Engineer
- Greg Phillips, Youngwood, District Manager/CEO, Westmoreland Conservation District
- Joseph Romano, Greensburg, Retired Senior Project Managerm Skelly and Loy
- Malcolm Sias, Unity Township, Director, Westmoreland County Bureau of Parks and Recreation
- Loree Speedy, Rostraver Township, Cartographer and Botanical Consultant
- Virginia McCracken Stump, Westmoreland City, Appraiser, Real Estate Agent, & Environmental Consultant, and Member of the North Huntingdon Planning Commission
- Theo van de Venne, Murrysville, Community volunteer
- John Ward, Unity Township, Attorney at Law, Ward & Christner, P.C.