To conserve and steward lands and waters of Westmoreland County that harbor ecological, scenic or recreational qualities to offer a healthier and more sustainable future for all.
All Westmoreland County residents and visitors enjoy the scenic and natural value, accessibility and quality of open space conserved. Throughout Westmoreland County recreational land abounds, water resources are protected, wildlife flourish, and the quality of life is high because of the continuing work of the Westmoreland Land Trust complementing the work of like-minded entities.
The Westmoreland Land Trust values the following:
- Conservation of diverse real property that is in, or in close proximity to, Westmoreland County; and culturally, historically, ecologically, recreationally, or scenically valuable.
- Restoration, protection, and maintenance of conserved property as appropriate for its best long-term stewardship.
- Partnership with public or private entities where beneficial to encourage collective effort.
- Research and planning in support of conservation efforts.
- Promotion and education of conservation opportunities and benefits.
- Conformance with the Land Trust Standards and Practices published by the Land Trust Alliance in 2004, or as amended.
Adopted May 19, 2008