This free, family-friendly event will introduce you to the skills and resources needed to grow your birdwatching skills. Participants will build a bird feeder, learn some basic bird anatomy, and then use binoculars, field guides and new smartphone technologies to see, hear and identify some of the amazing birds living in, and passing through, our area.
• To make the best use of our resources, participation is limited to 10 groups of 1-4 people, and each group must include at least one adult.
Each group of 1-4 participants will have access to a “Be a Better Birder Kit” which includes,
For your use:
• 1 pair of Celestron Outland X 8×25 Binoculars
• 1 Pennsylvania Birds: A Folding Pocket Guide to Familiar Species
• Cornell University Ornithology Lab app instructions, laminated
• Materials to make 1-4 bird feeders
• Packet of resources and fun birdwatching activities to do at home!
Questions? Contact Paula at email@example.com