DAY OF GIVING
Tuesday, May 5, 8 a.m. to Midnight
All donations during this day will receive a share of a pool of matching funds.
To give, go to www.westmorelandgives.org, Donate Now. Select Westmoreland Land Trust.
The minimum gift is $25. The cap for matching funds is $1,000 per donor per organization.
Westmoreland Land Trust’s Latest Acquisition:
A 22-acre parcel that connects Duff and Pleasant Valley Parks
see News tab for details!
SCENES FROM “THE PIECES ARE COMING TOGETHER” EVENT
Westmoreland Land Trust Adds 75 Acres To Duff Park, Murrysville
October 3, 2014
How a community uses its land affects everyone who lives and visits there.
Citizens throughout Westmoreland County have stated that their number one priority is to retain the predominant rural character of our region.*
The Westmoreland Land Trust was formed in late 2007 to help accomplish this desire.
The independent, nonprofit, all-volunteer organization has the unique ability preserve a wide variety of types of land, such as:
- land that offers scenic vistas,
- tracts that help to create larger greenway corridors through the county,
- land that has ecological, historical or cultural value, and
- sensitive areas that are under pressure for development.
Preserving open space benefits our community in many ways by:
- increasing nearby property values,
- protecting natural systems,
- promoting healthy lifestyles, and
- attracting tourism.
*Citizen input on the direction of the county was obtained in a series of public meetings, and incorporated in the guidance document now being followed, the Westmoreland County Comprehensive Plan.