To conserve and steward land in Westmoreland County of special ecological, cultural, or recreational value, for public benefit.
Throughout Westmoreland County open space and recreational land abounds, water resources are protected, and wildlife flourishes. Westmoreland County is known to families, businesses, and visitors for its high quality of life.
The Westmoreland Land Trust values the following:
- Conservation of diverse real property that is in, or in close proximity to, Westmoreland County; and culturally, historically, ecologically, recreationally, or scenically valuable.
- Restoration, protection, and maintenance of conserved property as appropriate for its best long-term stewardship.
- Partnership with public or private entities where beneficial to encourage collective effort.
- Research and planning in support of conservation efforts.
- Promotion and education of conservation opportunities and benefits.
- Conformance with the Land Trust Standards and Practices published by the Land Trust Alliance in 2004, or as amended.
Adopted May 19, 2008